1983 Volkswagen Bus/vanagon camper
Mechanically this van is very sound. It has 5K – 10K miles on a rebuilt engine. It was switched to a fuel injection system from carburetor. The brake system has been redone including master and slave cylinder. New updated LED headlight. I have a set of brand new tires that have not been installed. I have a complete set of rear engine tins, and a complete AC system if chosen to be installed. I can drive this van cross country right now with no issues. I focused on the mechanical before I started with the cosmetic. Needs a new tent for pop up, rubber seal for pop up, sink needs pump installed (I have the new pump). The fridge needs service but the propane stove works. I can’t not list all of the details.
- Great Mechanical Condition
- Rebuilt Engine
- Many New Parts ($10K worth)
- 7 inch flip down screen DVD Radio
- Roof 21 inch Flip Down DVD player/ Digital TV
- Set of New Tires ready to be installed
- 1 main battery and 2 Aux batteries separated by isolater (prevent starting battery from being drained)
- New Alternator
- 2 Aux batteries
- Needs new to tent and seals for pop-top
- Could use a paint job and minor body work
- Interior is good for age but could use restoring (Very Functional as is)
- Fuel Float Stuck (Gas reading)
These vans are becoming very rare and hard to find in good running condition. I have spent a lot of time and money on this vehicle. It is time for the next owner to take it to the next phase.
This is the last year the Vangaon was Air Cooled (No radiator). However this van is capable of having an Air Conditioner. I have all the parts for AC installation (new compressor, belts, hoses etc). It took me several year to acquire all the AC parts. This van also comes with a extra original pan cake engine (needs to be rebuilt). I have tried to keep receipts and records for all the things that were done. I am pretty sure I am forgetting something.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri, United States