This 1978 Volkswagen Bus is in excellent condition inside and out
This bus has been restored over the past 7-8 years that I have owned it and makes an excellent cruiser and camping vehicle. This bus has been garage kept as long as I’ve owned it.
- Paint is about 2 years old and does not have any scratches or dents.
- All exterior chrome has been replaced along with hub caps.
- Engine is low milage and runs great
- Battery is new
- odometer reads 42,000 but has probably been rolled over
- Brakes have been fully replaced front and rear recently.
- The interior has been custom built by an experienced carpenter, as well as being stylized off a 74’ interior which I think has a better layout. Front seats could be recovered but are not bad.
- Engine was rebuilt when I bought it and I’ve put about 12k on it.
- Pop-top is in pretty good shape but does have some blemishes from use. (no rips or tears)
- All interior lights work great and are great for camping.
- Has an aftermarket speaker/sound system with amp.
- Tires are in good shape but are older. (not dry rotted)
- All exterior lights work as they should.
- Has shore power input for using campground power
- The spare tire holds air but I would recommend replacing it.
- Horn works!
- Comes with front window shields and screen for rear hatch.
- Floor sheet metal is in excellent condition compared to most buses.
- This bus has no signs of rust ANYWHERE!
- Rear seats fold down into a full size bed.
- All seats have custom storage underneath them.
- Transmission shifts very smooth.
- Comes with custom cup holders that slide into the ashtray location.
- Motor leaks a little oil, but in my experience this is pretty common with air-cooled VWs.
Overall, this bus is in great shape and has been taken care of as well as being loved. I’ve owned it for about 7 or 8 years and for me it’s time to move on.
More info: Click here to see original eBay auction and get more information (Affiliate link)
Seller's other items: chevy5-0
Location: Springfield, Ohio, United States